Monday, April 9, 2007

Thank God THAT'S over.

The main reason I don't make a habit of denying myself anything is that if I can't have it, I want it. And if I want it and can't have it, I get rather bitchy. So to save everyone the trouble of having to deal with me, I just don't deny myself anything. Works for me.

You can bet your sweet bippy I won't be giving up ALL my vices next year for Lent. Ambition has its' place, but not if it leads to self-flagellation.

But now that the Resurrection has been properly recognized and celebrated in the Christian world, I can go back to my chocolates, my cokes, my booze. My sinful nature can once again exist without attendant guilt.

Funny, though. Now that I can have it, I don't want it.

Figures.




-- Mox

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For what its worth, I'm proud you gave it up (except for that little episode where you explained it was okay)

Happy belated Easter!

John