Thursday, February 8, 2007

I itchy, U scratchy.

Penny wise and pound foolish, that's me.

Yesterday I spent $60 on an hour-long massage just to have someone rub lotion all over me, without the expectation of a little something-something afterward. (Ladies, you know what I mean.) The cold weather we've had as of late has wreaked havoc on my skin, and because I am a Delicate Southern Flower I have been all dried out and itchy. Plus any reasonable excuse to get a massage works for me.

That $60 could have probably been better spent elsewhere, on items that would have been useful for the good of the entire household, but sometimes a stressed-out mom has to do what a stressed-out mom has to do. I try really hard not to martyr myself around here, because no one cares if I do. No point in being a martyr if no one cares.

If I were a wealthy woman I would get a massage at least once a week. God, I love it.

The downside is that today I am achy, because apparently I was a lot more tense than I originally thought, and having the kinks worked out yesterday served to release a lot of bad energy I have been holding on to. Evidently, I am a lot more pissed off than I knew.



-- Mox

No comments: