Thursday, February 15, 2007

Is it Friday yet?

Ever have one of those weeks where you had no idea what day it was for the majority of the week? That's been my week this week. I've been thinking it's Thursday for the past two days. Imagine my great disappointment when I figured out there was only one Thursday in a week and the past two days haven't been it.

I guess the good news is that today is Thursday, which means that tomorrow is Friday and that means date night with my husband and also the consumption of adult beverages. Possibly many adult beverages. Hey, I might as well have one last hurrah before Ash Wednesday.

The winter blues have really gotten to me as of late, and I've pretty much figured out that it's got less to do with the length of daylight in a day as it has to do with the amount of degrees in the air. I got through the shortest days in the year with a fairly healthy outlook, in part because it was 60 degrees a lot of the time. But the weather turned damned cold about a month ago and I've been pretty much in hibernation mode since. And for me, hibernation mode includes a general malaise and pissed-offedness.

And to add a little more drama to my life, it would seem that some of the decisions I've reached in the past couple of months are now coming back into question. Just when I thought I had things all figured out.

Really, Friday cannot get here soon enough.




-- Mox

No comments: