Wednesday, February 28, 2007

February, I quit thee.

I have long said that the primary attraction of February is in its' brevity. I find it easier to get through a month that is only 28 days in length (29 in leap years, I know), particularly when that month is one thing that stands between me and springlike weather. A 28-day month in the middle of the summer just wouldn't have the cachet that February does. And it would likely piss me off.

But I can DO February. I can do it even though we have to contend with Valentines Day and Presidents Day and Ash Wednesday, those quasi-holidays that muck around with our schedules. And even though March weather around here is iffy at best, I know that I've got a better shot at warm weather during that month if I can just suffer February for four weeks.

So to February I say, on this last day of its' existence this year: don't let the door hit you on the way out.




-- Mox

1 comment:

Chuck said...

LOL Very, very well said!