Thursday, February 1, 2007

S.N.A.F.U.

Sorry, no wit from me today. As luck would have it, we got snow last night. Which means all of my carefully crafted plans are slightly tweaked today, if not completely tossed out the window. Like, you know, writing a post.

Ordinarily I wouldn't mind a snow day, but right now I've got so much going on that it's a great big inconvenience. When they close the schools for no damn good reason then I've got to scramble to cover Spawn-care and continue to juggle the stuff I normally do while the kid is in school. A couple of days later and it would have been a moot point, because we could have all slept in and then gone out to throw a few snowballs. But right in the middle of the workweek, when I've got a few hot potatoes on my plate, well, this is one of those times I wish I had power over the weather, so I could have held it off for a couple of days. That's all I really need -- a couple of days.

Ah, well. Business as usual, I guess.






-- Mox

No comments: