Friday, March 2, 2007

Photo Friday: Hey, buddy.

Driving into work this morning, I noticed a few of the trees already have swelling buds on them.

At this point in the winter, I will take any sign of spring that I can get.

A cursory check of my yard has found that my daffodils, tulips, and hyacinths are also quite ready for spring. I wish I could say the same for my crocuses (crocii?) but the squirrels have dug all of them up and, I suspect, eaten them.

We are currently in Day Two of In Like a Lion, and frankly I am more than ready to be done with the constant blowing. If the wind would die down it would be relatively warm around here.

Spring break is coming up in a month. Do I have any plans? No. We started checking into the cost of things and you know what? The first week of April is the most expensive week of the year for traveling to places warm and sunny. Were I not trying to work the miracle of the loaves and fishes on a daily basis around here taking a beach trip might be feasible. But since I have yet to discover the trick of feeding five thousand, the whole notion of leaving town is tempered by the fact that I would get as far as the city limits and have to come back.

One soul: for sale.






-- Mox

1 comment:

Jay said...

Oh just look at that. Mind if I just sit here and gaze at the only sign of spring I've seen so far?