Wednesday, January 3, 2007

I don't mean to be absent.

It's just that 2007 has hit the ground running and by necessity so have I.

It is very strange for me to not be struggling with the all-encompassing winter blues right now, but miracle of miracles, I currently seem to be pretty okay. I think the combination of keeping busy (which is under my control) and a milder than usual winter (which is beyond my control, but really, 50's and 60's in December/January? I'll take it.) has really helped along this front. Since it hasn't been terribly cold in the mornings it's been easier to talk myself into getting out of bed as of late. Which means I'm not grousing nearly as much as usual during that ungodly hour when my alarm goes off. Don't get me wrong, I'm still not the friendly sort first thing in the morning. But at least I'm not in a fog.

Still, I get the sense that the winter is only just beginning, so it's cautious optimism at best.




-- Mox

No comments: