Thursday, January 4, 2007

Pet Peeve O'the Day

My route home from the gym takes me past a funeral home, and as is the custom right after the holidays, the funeral home is currently busy with the bereaved. (Strange, isn't it, that the dying manage to hold out until after the holidays...)

This morning there were a number of people assembling for what I assumed was to be a funeral, and two young men(maybe early 20's) got out of one car and started toward the building.

People, these young men were wearing jeans. What's more, their shirts were untucked and flapping in the breeze.

Now, I'm pretty cool about most things, but one thing that my Southern-born, properly-raised sensibilities cannot abide is disrespectable dress at a funeral home. You need to dress up, at least a little. It's not much of a stretch to wear a pair of khakis and a tucked-in shirt.

I realize that I live in Podunk, and there are a good many rednecks populating the countryside around here, but if their mamas knew they were going to pay their respects in their Levis I think their mamas would pinch their ears.




-- Mox

No comments: