Friday, January 19, 2007

Photo Friday: Heavily Medicated Edition

Mmmmmm. I loves me some good drugs.

I reached the point yesterday (and very quickly, I might add) where I knew that the only thing I was going to be able to do is grab a bottle and go to bed. But of course when your name is Mommy you don't get to do that sort of thing right away, not like people whose name is Daddy can.

Yes, my husband has it too. We're a bundle of fun right now.

At any rate, it was going on 9 o'clock before I was able to finally fall into bed, and I slept like the dead for at least four hours. After that I was awake pretty much every hour on the hour.

But let me tell you this: I can breathe. Thanks to some potent decongestant/antihistamine pills and some really really good nasal spray I am able to breathe, and that is probably going to be the highlight of my day. And because Spawn will be spending the night tonight with my parents, an early bedtime for me is not only doable, but done.

Ahhhhh.

We're supposed to get some snow this weekend. At this point I am undecided if I am excited about that or not. The weather forecasters are getting everyone all whipped into a frenzy with their doomsday talk about 2! or! 3! inches! when there is also an equal possibility it will just be some sleet and slush and then done. But I already have my milk, bread, and eggs so I'm ahead of the game no matter what. I also have whiskey, honey, and lemon juice, so if this cough gets worse I'm prepared for that, too.

Not straying too far from the ol' homestead, in any case.




-- Mox

No comments: